Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI

By David Grann
Lexile = 1160

In the 1920s, the richest group of people in America were the members of the Osage Indian Tribe, who lived in Oklahoma. And then they began to turn up murdered or missing. Because it appeared that local law enforcement was corrupt, the FBI was called in. They bungled much of the investigations as well. This is really old school detective work. Fingerprinting was a NEW technology. Grann's work reads like a novel and for me was an interesting follow-up after reading The Bear River Massacre.

Students ask for True Crime books all the time. This is a great addition to the genre.

No comments: