Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

We Were Liars

By E. Lockhart
Lexile = 600

This is one of those books that are "sure-fire" when students ask for recommendations. One thing: it starts a bit slow. Here's the back story: The Sinclairs are a wealthy family. Grandpa owns an island and has built a home for each of his three daughters.

They spend each summer on the island. The story centers on the cousins and what happens each summer. Two words: Unreliable Narrator! That's the crux of the mystery. When this book ended, I had to go back and see what I had missed to not catch the big reveal. So unexpected. And so good!

Watch a quick clip of the author HERE.

No comments: