Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Storied Life of AJ Fikry


By Gabrielle Zevin
Lexile = ??

This is the story of how one small thing can change your life. AJ Fikry owns a bookstore in a time and place where people really aren't buying books so much anymore. His wife has died and his life is becoming smaller and smaller. He is pretty grumpy. Then he finds a surprise left in his store. Can't give too much away here.... but this surprise will open up his world again ... even though he doesn't initially want what has been left for him.

This is the first book by Gabrielle Zevin that I read and I loved it so much that I sought out others by here to read. This one is still the best! Lots of book trailers online, but they all give too much away. Read the book first.... then look them up!

No comments: