Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tell Me Three Things

By Julie Buxbaum
Lexile = 700

Really really liked this book. Downed it in only three days. Yes, I picked it up because it has a cute cover, but I kept at it because I HAD to find out who the mysterious "ME" is in the title.

Jessie moves across the country when her recently widowed father marries a wealthy woman from California. Jessie is enrolled in an elite private high school and things do NOT go well there. Longing for her old home and comfortable friendships back in Chicago, Jessie eats alone at lunch and fails at navigating the crowds at school. Then one day she receives an anonymous email from another student claiming that he knows a few things about the school and can help Jessie get around and perhaps make friends. He suggests a certain friend for Jessie, and that turns out ok. Very soon, this anonymous character is the most important person in Jessie's life. But who is he? Is it someone playing a cruel trick? Is it her new step-brother? Is it even a HE?

Things get better for Jessie and maybe she doesn't need Mr. Mystery Man anymore, but I HAD to keep reading. Don't look ahead, but watch a student made book trailer HERE.

No comments: