Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

By Alan Bradley
Lexile = 960

Do you ever want to stop reading a book but feel guilty doing that? Why is that? I expected to like this. I'm a big fan of British television; this is clearly a British novel. I guess for me it works as a visual, but I am giving up on it as a reading adventure.

BUT.... if you like cerebral mysteries, you will like this. And I will likely return to it when I am feeling a bit smarter.

HERE is a book trailer done by the publisher. It's great!

No comments: