Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

I Am Number Four

By Pittacus Lore
Lexile = 700

It seems that everyone is reading this series and I am late to the game. That may be a good thing, however... it is first in a series of SEVEN titles and they are all out there just waiting for me to read each one! So here is the summary:

John Smith appears to be a normal high school kid and Henri seems to be a normal dad. But both John and Henri are actually aliens from the planet Lorien. They escaped when the planet was invaded by the Mogadorians. Did I lose you at "aliens"? Yeah, this is not my typical type of book. I admit I didn't like the alien battle part... skimmed a bit there. However, John and Henri are like-able characters and I WAS cheering for them in the alien battle.

I am Number Four is definitely escapist reading. You aren't going to write your college essays about any part of this, but it was a fun read. It bugged me that all the non-aliens that find out that John is actually an alien with amazing super powers just accept that so quickly and willingly. I will continue the series, but I know I have to suspend any analysis of facts when I open the book.

This was made into a movie in 2011. It received generally bad reviews and a sequel was never made. The trailer for the movie is HERE. Give the book a chance. It really is a fun read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new series Generation One is coming out and I am excited