Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Dark Matter

By Blake Crouch
Lexile = ?

We live in a universe... but do you know what a MULTI-verse is? "The multiverse exists because every choice we make creates a fork in the road, which leads into a parallel world." WHAT?!?!?!

Jason Dessen is mugged one night near his home in Chicago. But it's not a regular mugging... he is taken to a strange scientific facility. Jason is a physicist, but due to choices he made early in his career, he never became famous, never had time for the great research he wanted to pursue. But he is happy. He thinks. Could his life have been different? He is about to find out!

Dark Matter is a twisty, mind-bending trip to what might have been. It's dangerous and thought provoking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this book after Ms Major recommended it to me. I'm glad I took her book advice as the book was very enjoyable. I was not at all expecting the not regular mugging Ms Odd referenced.
I thought the book started out very strong in the mystery and intrigue, but got a tad stale at the end--though not enough to not recommend this book to others! I enjoyed the way the book made you think about possibilities of life.
P.S. For the science-minded, the book is in no way a look at what dark matter is. However, the science contained within the book is up to par and kept me listening. There is some language and minor scenes/references to intimacy some may not particularly wish to read.
I rate the book 4 out of 5 Supershields
Super Smith