Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Bone Gap

By Laura Ruby
Lexile = 810

I picked up this title at the suggestion of a fellow librarian. Her recommendation? "It's so beautifully written, but confusing." I have to agree.

This is the story of two boys and two girls: Finn & Sean and Roza & Priscilla (but don't call her that!) So this is a romance. But Roza has disappeared. Finn saw the man who took her, but no one believes him. So this is a story of a kidnapping. Something is wrong with Finn. So this is a medical detective novel. Oh yes, it's also a fairy tale.

Well, you can see where all the confusion comes in. Don't give up on this one. It's worth the mind-bending work.


No comments: