Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Torch Against the Night

By Sabaa Tahir
Lexile = 670

The series continues! And I think it gets even better! Here is what I LOVE about this series and this book specifically: resilient female characters. Helene... is she bad or good? Laia.... really coming into her own. Even Elias's Mother and other women in the tribes that come forward and demonstrate strength and values.

Romance is here as well, but not too much... more of a romantic tension. And twists and turns and you would never guess who the bad guy is! You must read this book! (But read Ember in the Ashes first....)

I just reread the above and I made it sound like a girly book. So not true. Action, adventure, memorable characters. This is for everyone.

No comments: