Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Truth About Alice

By Jennifer Mathieu
Lexile = 900

The Truth About Alice is not for everyone. I even invented a new label for it.... edgy. And indeed it is. If it didn't have a "message", I likely wouldn't keep it in the library.

This book explores truth... through the "true" accounts of four different people telling of the same event. But they aren't all the same. I'm not even sure that the reader knows the real truth about Alice.

Included in the truth is bullying, sex, death, and of course, lies. Told you it was edgy!

No comments: