Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Monday, September 26, 2016

The Girl in the Glass

By Susan Meissner
Lexile = ?

I bought this book by accident. Secrets of a Charmed Life and A Fall of Marigolds are two of my recent favorites. I think this is the same author, but in lists of "other" books by the author, those books don't show up. Need to research it more. But I am guessing it IS the same, because I love love love The Girl in the Glass as well!

Three levels to this story: Meg wants to travel to Florence. Her grandmother grew up there; she feels a great connection to Italy; and her father has promised for years to take her. Nora Orsini is a Renaissance Medici Princess who introduces (?) each chapter with a bit of her own life.... a privileged yet lonely life in 16th century Florence. AND... Sophia Borelli is writing a memoir about her life as a travel guide in modern Florence.

Yes, it all got confusing at times, but perhaps it was the dream of sipping cappuccino on a balcony in Florence that kept me going. It all ties together in the end and I do feel like I have been to Florence. Buon viaggio!

No comments: