Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, February 21, 2020

Call It What You Want

By Brigid Kemmerer
Lexile = 600

This is the story of Rob. His father stole a bunch of money from a bunch of clients and when he was caught, he attempted suicide. Rob's father now requires constant care; he will never speak or walk again. Rob is a completely innocent bystander who feels like his own life is ruined because of his father's actions.

This is the story of Maegan. She is accused of cheating on the SATs. EVERYONE'S score was disqualified as a result. EVERYONE is mad at her.

Of course these two end up together. But this really isn't a romance. So much more going on here. It's a reminder that everyone is going to through "stuff" and we all need to be nicer.

I have liked all of Kemmerer's books. You should check her out!

No comments: