Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

How to Love

By Katie Cotugno
Lexile = 790

Katie Cotugno has written some of the most popular romance titles in the Ridgeline Library. 99 Days is definitely a favorite. So, when scanning for a quick read for myself, I was surprised to see How to Love next to the always-empty spot held for 99 Days.

How to Love certainly deals with mature themes, but I wouldn't call it sexy. Reena has loved Sawyer forever, but their actual romance is short. Sawyer leaves town when he is told that Reena is pregnant; that was three years ago. Reena's family naturally thinks that Sawyer is a jerk, but they have rallied around Reena and little Hannah and life is pretty good. Then Sawyer returns. Life (and love) is complicated, but I think that Cotugno has a pretty realistic view of how this all goes down.

Watch a promotional video from the publisher HERE.

No comments: