Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

When Breath Becomes AIr

By Paul Kalanithi
Lexile = ?

I read this FOREVER ago and didn't post because I didn't have a copy for our library. Well, now I do! And this is so share worthy.

Kalanithi was a doctor about to comeplete all his schooling for neurosurgery when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He knew he was facing death and he began to write. His transformation from doctor to patient taught him about life and he wrote it all down. On the surface When Breath Becomes Air is about dying, but it is really about living. A powerful little book with lessons for all of us.

So many incredible video clips about Dr. Kalanithi available online. HERE is one. Careful... it's heartbreaking.

No comments: