Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Monday, July 23, 2018

Daughter of the Pirate King

By Tricia Levenseller
Lexile = 610

If you know the types of books I like, you will know that I love plucky, tough female characters. Alosa is such a lead character, and as the title promises, she really is the Daughter of the Pirate King! It appears that she has been captured as this story opens, but in reality she has been sent by her father to retrieve part of a treasure map from a rival group of pirates.

Alosa has some serious pirating skills. She is able to regularly escape from her captors while she searches the ship top to bottom. But of course there has to be something...or someone in her way. His name is Riden. Yes, he is a bad pirate boy, but he has a good heart and there is romance in the air. There is a twist and it involves some amazing powers that Alosa has.

This is the first in a series. If I tell you the name of the sequel, you will know too much! This was a fun read. I think it will be a popular series here at RHS.

Watch an interview with the author HERE.

No comments: