Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, January 5, 2018

Warcross

By Marie Lu
Lexile = 810

I really liked the book Ready Player One. A LOT. My review of that is here. Warcross is very, very similar. One major difference is that Warcross is written by a woman, and I think that is significant here.

It is similar in that the game platform in the book is an alternate reality where characters live their lives as idealistic avatars. Emika Chen has become a bounty hunter in the alternate reality and takes crazy risks in order to earn the meager bounties that she earns. As an expert hacker, she "glitches" into the Warcross tournament and instantly becomes and international sensation. She is offered funds beyond her imagination and a more permanent "relationship" with the Warcross platform.

And therein lies the difference between Warcross and Ready Player One. Warcross is more about relationships in the real world. Maybe it is more aimed at female readers? Not sure about that. I'm SURE there will be a sequel to Warcross. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, enjoy a professional book trailer HERE.


Warcross is on the nomination list for the Beehive Book Award.... Utah students pick their favorites! See all the current picks HERE.

No comments: