Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Throne of Glass

By Sarah J. Maas
Lexile = 790

I keep hearing that books by Sarah Maas are "edgy" which I interpret to mean "sexy", so I figured that I had better read one and find out!

Throne of Glass is the beginning of a series that is about to publish number SEVEN. That's a heptalogy. Really. I was confused at the beginning because it reads like a continuation of another book. Calaena has been imprisoned in the salt mines of the kingdom after being captured as the great assassin of the realm. Now, there's a LOT of back story there that I feel like I'm missing out on, but anyway.....

Calaena is brought to the castle and bargained with. If she will participate in a competition to find a King's "Champion", she will obviously win and thus gain her freedom. She is the only woman in the games. There's a bit of love triangle here.... I think. But how can you love an ASSASSIN? There's also a long dead queen who is on the side of Celaena and beckoning from the tombs beneath the castle. Participants in the championship are dying and Calaena needs to stay alive long enough to win her freedom. Kinda reminds me of Hunger Games.

Watch a book trailer HERE.

No comments: