Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Origin

By Dan Brown
Lexile = 800

Remember Da Vinci Code? Or maybe Lost Symbol? These books in the Robert Langdon series have all been made into great, adventurous movies. I am pretty sure that Origin will be a movie soon as well. Likely also starring Tom Hanks! Here's the story:

Langdon is a symbologist and professor of religious iconography at Harvard. Years ago, he had a student named Edmond Kirsch who is now a technology futurist and eccentric billionaire. Langdon and Kirsch are not close, but recently, Kirsch has approached Langdon with some deep religious questions. Now, Kirsch has announced that he has made a discovery that will answer the age old questions of "Where did we come from?" and "Where are we going?" AND will end religious belief worldwide. Wow. Quite a discovery.

This novel is set in Spain, so the Catholic Church weighs in to attempt to squelch the reveal. Things go bad... very bad ... and the adventure takes off from there.

Loved that this is set in Spain, so I was familiar with the language and the landmarks mentioned. This is truly a quick read; felt a lot like the others in this series. A fun read!

HERE is the trailer from DaVinci Code just to get you in the mood. I think I will watch it this week!

No comments: