Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Language of Flowers

By Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Love love love this book! I really don't know what category to throw it into, however.

Victoria Jones has spent most of her life in the foster care system and at age 18 she is "emancipated" and left on her own. She has not finished school. She has no one and no skills. Except. When she was quite young, she was fostered by Elizabeth, a single woman that ran the family vineyard and almost... almost adopted Victoria when she was about ten-years-old. Elizabeth taught her the language of flowers.... the symbolical meanings for each type of flower. Victoria is able to use this knowledge to get a job with a florist.

Because of her angry and detached past, Victoria is unable to trust others and unwilling to confront the most difficult parts of her life. Told in flashbacks, Victoria's story is intriguing. For me it was fast read; not because it is easy or skinny, but because I simply couldn't put it down!

As to the question of category? Let's just put it under FAVORITES!

Watch a book trailer HERE.

No comments: