Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Now I'll Tell you Everything

By Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Lexile = 910

How many pages do you devote to reading a book before you call it a "stinker"? Well, I gave this 60... and that is enough!

Perhaps you read from the Alice series as a elementary or middle-school reader. There are more than 25 of them!
















Now I'll Tell You Everything is Naylor's "Ta-Da!!!!" to end the series. She should have quit before victory lap. She has sent Alice to college and definitely had Alice grow up.... but Naylor's narrative through all of Alice's adulthood is rushed and superficial. It reads like a elementary book with episodic chapters, only aimed at adults (?) as Alice grows older and older. I'm putting it on my stinker list.

BUT... read an interesting (and positive) article about Alice HERE.

No comments: