Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Monday, January 30, 2017

Every Last Word

By Tamara Ireland Stone
Lexile = 750

I think one of the hardest things about high school is deciding who you really are and letting yourself become that person. Samantha is a super popular junior girl. Her group of friends have been friends forever. Samantha also has OCD. She can't turn off her obsessive thoughts sometimes. No one at school knows about her illness, but she has a great therapist and a supportive family. During the summer, she focuses on swimming and in her mind she becomes "Sam" who really is a different person than the almost mean girl Samantha that she is at school.

Then she meets Caroline. Caroline has a locker near her and shows her a group of people that will "change her life". But Caroline is not the type of person that girls like Samantha should hanging out with... she is definitely not cool enough for Samantha's group... so Caroline is a secret.

Read this book! I hope that there are groups like Sam's new friends in every school. I hope that all kids can find a group of like-minded supportive friends. Watch a book trailer for Every Last Word HERE.

No comments: