Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver

By EL Konisburg
Lexile = 770

Are you taking AP European history? Are you a history buff? Like historical fiction? Then this is the book for YOU!

Eleanor of Aquitaine lived in the twelfth century and because of her money and land holdings, became a very eligible bride. As a result, she was the queen of France and later England. Two of her children became kings. She led the second crusade to the holy land. This is fiction, but every bit is true.

Konisburg tells this tale as a kind of "this is your life" as Eleanor has died and is waiting to be admitted to heaven. Four characters from her life tell their part and in the telling, we are introduced to one of the great characters of world history. I have labeled this as a biography.... I know it is fiction, but you will learn more than from any biography you migh pick up!

No comments: