Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Tiny Pretty Things

By Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton
Lexile = 730

Three main characters here: Gigi, Bette, and June. They are enrolled at an elite ballet school in New York. Have you seen "Dance Academy" on Netflix? This is pretty much the same thing, but just..... edgier. Each of the girls will do what it takes to be the primary dancer at the school. Competition is fierce, brutal and nothing is held back.

Often in books like this, there is a good girl and a bad girl.... someone to root for and someone to hate. I kinda hated them all. Maybe that is to be expected, since there is a sequel and so this is not supposed to be resolved. One of the authors is an English teacher at a ballet academy, so she knows what she is talking about!

Watch the book trailer HERE!

No comments: