Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

No Such Person

By Caroline B. Cooney
Lexile = HL670

If you like mysteries, you already know this author. But I was deep into this novel before I really realized it was a murder mystery. Chapter one threw me. The narrator is a confused girl and she is with the police. They have the gun. They have found a body. And they think they have the killer. Lander is confused. Is SHE the killer?

Flashback ten days. Miranda sees what she thinks might be an attempted murder. Her older sister, Lander, brushes off what Miranda sees and falls head over heels for Jason. The normally "perfect" Lander begins to act in ways that will make her friends and family question her innocence when the body is found. But it turns out that since Lander is in jail, she is the only one safe from the killer that is still out there.

No comments: