Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Goose Girl


By Shannon Hale
Lexile = 870

I (of course) read this book a while ago, but needed to re-read to get it on the blog. What a great book this is!!!!

Isi (Her full name is Anidori-Kiladra Talinaa Isille, Crown Princess of Kildenree) is betrothed to marry the prince of a far-off land in order to create an alliance with that country. Isi is sent away with a guard of fifty men and her lady-in-waiting.

Along the road, most of the guards plot a mutiny. In the battle, Isi is able to slip off alone and save herself, but not those few loyal friends in her party. The rest of the story is how she is able to survive and attempt to regain her title.

This story has romance, intrigue, battles, and a happy ending. What more could you ask for? Read (and re-read) this book. It is a real gem!

No comments: