Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Darius the Great is Not OK



By Adib Khorram  
Lexile = 710 

Darius the Great has a bit of a "sleeper" quality to it. Seems to be quietly building to a great climax, but that doesn't really happen. Now, that isn't going to convince you to read it, I know, but it is a good book about a young mamn coming to terms with who he is and where he fits in his faily. Good view of modern life in Iran... and guess what? It's pretty much just like life anywhere. 

Watch the author speak HERE.

No comments: