Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, June 28, 2019

7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

By Stuart Turton
Lexile = ?

Craziest book EVER. Almost Agatha Christie-ish in that there is a mystery, and if you are inclined, you can figure it out! the evidence is played out 7 1/2 times for you, and for the protagonist, Aiden Bishop. The day of the murder is played over and over with Aiden in the body of a differect character involved in some way in the murder. The only way to break this cycle is to identify the killer. Seriously, it broke my brain. I felt like I need to takes notes and draw a large diagram of how the characters all interact.

If you like puzzles, mysteries, or just playing a bit of mental "what if?" you will LOVE this title. Another reader described this as Downton Abbey meets Clue. Watch a short clip of the author talking about this novel HERE.

No comments: