Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, November 9, 2018

Little Beach Street Bakery

By Jenny Colgan
Lexile = ?

I've hearing about this series for a while now and I'm so glad I took the plunge! This is not a YA novel, but I do think that some students will find it a good read. Here is the story: Polly is just getting out of a long term relationship and a bad business venture AND doesn't have enough money to rent a place in her town. But she finds a dilapidated apartment and adjoining store front in a seaside village on the southern tip of England.


A really small town. And Polly doesn't have job. She likes to bake, and she starts to make some delicious items just to pass the time. Well, the current baker (who is also her landlord) in town is NOT happy with the "competition". Drama ensues. Polly makes friends and enemies. Little Beach Street Bakery is definitely chick lit. A fun, light read. Recipes included (for real!)


No comments: