Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

100 Days of Happiness


By Fausto Brizzi
Lexile = ?

This book has been calling to me for a couple of years. I think it's the donuts on the cover, but the promise of happiness likely plays a role as well. Here's the story:

Lucio is married, but has been kicked out by his wife. In the midst of his crisis, he finds out that he has cancer and will die soon. Lucio writes down some goals.... mostly importantly.... to win his wife back. What follows is 100 chapters (some very short) covering his final days. No spoiler: he dies in the end.

This is a super sweet story that may make you laugh and cry on the same page. Not a YA book, but kids should read this to think about the bigger picture of their life and attempt to answer Lucio's question: "What would you do if you only had 100 days left to live?"

And you must try THIS recipe for Italian donuts!

No comments: