Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Forget Me Not

By Ellie Terry
Lexile = 670

Calliope has Tourette Syndrome... which is a "nervous system disorder involving repetitive movements or unwanted sounds". At her new school, she tries to hide her symptoms from everyone so that she can more easily make friends. But attempting to hide these unwanted tics can sometimes make it all worse. Calli's next door neighbor seems friendly enough, but because he is super popular, he has a hard time admitting to his group of friends that he thinks that Calli is a great person.

Calliope has to figure out how to make life bearable at her new school and her mother isn't any help. They might even be moving again!

This title is aimed a bit younger reader than we have here at Ridgeline, but I liked the book so much, I thought we'd better have it available!

Watch a great book trailer HERE.

No comments: