Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Lady in Waiting

By Susan Meissner
Lexile = ??

Serendipity!
On the exact day that I am writing a review about a mysterious find in an old book that propels the entire plot of Lady in Waiting, I see this amazing story! Follow that link to see that unexpected find and never overlook an old book!

Anyway, the main character in Lady in Waiting is Jane, who finds her own mysterious treasure in a very old book. This treasure has "Jane" inscribed on it, and that connection leads modern day Jane to find out more about the treasure. Again, Meissner is a master at tying a historical tale with a modern connection. This story is not aimed at YA readers; the subplot for modern Jane is the rebuilding of her marriage, but nothing too adult, is here. The "moral" of both Janes' stories is NOT to be a lady that waits, but to embrace your future and move forward bravely.

No comments: