Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Everything I Never Told You

By Celeste Ng
Lexile = 870

“Lydia is dead. But they don’t know this yet. 1977, May 3, six thirty in the morning, no one knows anything but this innocuous fact: Lydia is late for breakfast.”

Opening Line.... so nothing I can add would be considered a spoiler. But I did want to know how Lydia died. I was expecting a crime/detective novel. Nope! This is about WHY Lydia died. And it is super painful. In fact, I didn't... couldn't finish this. Lydia's death is every mother's nightmare.

Everything I Never Told You is all about the characters. Lydia is the favorite child of a Chinese American Family in Ohio in the 70's. James, the Chinese father, suffered a great deal from prejudice while growing up and even now as a professor of western literature. Marilyn, Lydia's mother, almost became a doctor. Her family rejected her when she married James.

Lydia's story is how messed up her family is. And it is super painful.

No comments: