Please browse here to find books that I think are worth your time.... or are real stinkers. I will let you know what I REALLY think of what I am reading. You might not find the newest and most popular books here, but I would LOVE it if you find something unexpectedly great!

I will indicate on each post the Lexile level of the book.
To find out more about Lexile levels, go HERE.

Use the labels list on the right side of the screen to find a title about something you are interested in. You can also search by Lexile levels.

Happy Reading!

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Giver

By Lois Lowry
Lexile - 760

Jonas lives in a society that assigns your life-time job in a ceremony when you turn twelve. He waits and waits to hear what he will do.... they actually skip his name.

Then, at the very end of the ceremony, he is told that he is getting a job that has only been assigned once. Jonas is to become the Receiver... the one who keeps all the memories of his community. With this job, he will also know all the secrets of this society.

As I was typing this, my 16-year-old son said, “How could you NOT like The Giver?” Enough said.

No comments: